E Komo Mai - Welcome to Kapu.com
Hawaii is a place of breathtaking natural beauty. But the reason we choose to be here cannot be captured on a postcard. It's an inner beauty called Aloha that makes this place so special--a deep sense of belonging to a community and caring for one another.
But what does Live Aloha stand for?
Perhaps Pilahi Paki explained it best with use of the Hawaiian huna. Each letter in the word Aloha represents another Hawaiian word, and together these five words most completely express the truth of aloha:
" Aloha is the coordination of mind and heart . . . it is within the individual. It brings you down to yourself. You must think and emote good feelings to others.
- A stands for AKAHAI, meaning kindness, to be expressed with tenderness.
- L stands for LOKAHI, meaning unity, to be expressed with harmony.
- O stands for OLU‘OLU, meaning agreeable, to be expressed with pleasantness.
- H stands for HA‘AHA‘A, meaning humility, to be expressed with modesty.
- A stands for AHONUI, meaning patience, to be expressed with perseverance. "